View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 08, 2020 at 02:35 AM

Though I am doing OK, there are some small chemotherapy effects that I am dealing with: feeling more tired, sweating a lot when I sleep (but no fever, I have been told to monitor for a fever everyday), during my walks I have been getting charlie horses and my leg muscles are sore during and after, drier skin including cracking at the corner of my mouth and some sore bumps on my tongue. They gave me a mouthwash of one part: Malox, Lidocane and Diphenhydramine to swish in my mouth for the sore bumps that they said would appear. So apparently, the effects of the chemo stay with you. Still have my hair though and can't say that I am wanting to eat much differently than before (they said I might not want to eat the same way as before) other than I don't crave coffee anymore (but still have one or two cups a day). Given that the Malox in the mouthwash is an antacid, think I might pick up some alkaline water. That might be soothing for my mouth.

While I am resting more, I am still cooking and doing many of the things around the house I have always done. One hiccup that occurred is about a week ago, our waterbed sprung a small leek so my sleeping arrangements haven't been optimal but the new mattress came and my husband will be setting it up today. Should be all warmed up by tomorrow.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, happysobercrafter, unaluna

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter