View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2020 at 12:58 AM

None too busy, so busy finds me. Today managed to get to 3 hardware before I found an acceptable combo lock for our garbage dumpster. Walking and buses.

Fatigued? Sure, but it's not time to rest.

Because I then stood in line to buy stuff at the Farmers Market. Then back home, rest at last for a few minutes. But I got up and continued to paint the yellow traffic paint on the entrance to our garage. More painting tomorrow.

It's been fun to see my hafapercent insights stack up. I once was a "professional painter" meaning I got paid for it (not much) for a few weeks. Remember a lot: keep the roller and brushes moist by sprinkling water on them and wrapping in saranwrap to store overnight. Work everyday if you can so the brushes are renewed. Line the tray with plastic. Punch holes in the inside of the paint can inner lid so excess paint can drip back in the can.

Now I invented something. I have a set of plastic 4 x 4 food storage containers. About $2.50 for 4, I think. Lined the bottom with plastic and stretched and taped down saranwrap across the top. Then I punched two holes near opposite corners of the lid, one to drip out paint, the other for air. Filled this with paint. One hand held the brush or roller and the other this dripper thing. This saves so much time because I don't have to keep refilling my small tray or reach for more paint, I just drip and roll.

Just checked, there are some products that store paint in a bottle/handle. $18. my DIY system costs maybe 90¢, at the most, 95% cheaper.

I'll try not to spend it all in one place.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote