Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 11, 2020 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDY4339 View Post
I have been trying to find these same answer for my son who is 27 and lives with me. Im not sure exactly what is happening with him but whatever it is i has been progressing . I first noticed the way he walked began to change. Like he is losing balance r stability. His hearing has been changing he complains he cant hear as well as he used to. His speach has begun to slur and when i point it out he says its hard for him to get words out how hes trying to say them. Then just lately i see his hand has tremors. Just one hand or somretimes just one finger will move on its own up and down. It tends to scare him when it happens also. The problem here is we live in a rural desert area where there is no medical services close to us other than a clinic with a practitioner and he would give him a perscription and send him home. I just dont have a clue who i need to get him into... any ideas.?
@CANDY4339 Writing from a lay-person's perspective, I really think your son needs to be evaluated by the physicians perhaps at a major medical center or a neurology clinic. Since I'm not familiar with the area you live in I can't say where that would be (perhaps Salt Lake City)? And I know, from reading your other posts, you have some difficulty using the phone. But perhaps, if you could do it (or if there is a family member who could help), a call to the nearest hospital might be one way to get started. Another might be to contact your state's Health Department & ask where your son might best be seen. (I do agree that simply taking him to see your local G.P. may be unlikely to produce anything in the way of a significant diagnosis.)

The only other thing that occurs to me is that Psych Central has a sister-website: "NeuroTalk". You might take a look at the forums there & see if you think it might be worth signing into NeuroTalk as well. There are a lot of members there who have personal experience with a wide range of neurological problems. Perhaps one or more of them might have some useful suggestions. Here's a link to the NeuroTalk website:

NeuroTalk Support Groups

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)

Last edited by Skeezyks; Aug 11, 2020 at 01:03 PM..
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDY4339

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto