sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2020 at 03:30 AM

Can you share what you drug of choice is? I am an alcoholic and nictoine dependent. It took like a year for me to not want to drink. The firs like 6 months everytime I felt bad the cravings would kick in. Didnt matter if its was a bad day, a crisis, whatever. One bad feeling and I wished I could drink. At the 1 year mark I was the alcohol police carefully watching what others drink and how much and commenting on it. Judgy really. But it helped me through it if I could rant to my husband about it. Not long after a year because the substance was removed, the habit was broken and with AA I just didnt "go" to alcohol whenever I had bad feelings. I had other skills. The more time that passes the more abhorrent alcohol seems as far as choices go. Its been 8 years for me and If I were to relapse it would be a well thought out mistake. I am struggling with being a smoker. I know all the reasons why I should quit, that its terrible. No one in my family smokes. They either never smoked or quit. No one hassles me because they know what a crutch it is and part of me worries that if I stop some ***** will go down and I will drink. But maybe thats an excuse.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist