View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Aug 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM

Revu2, good to hear you're stepping along.

Interesting twist on my words, Revue. And, yes, to different ways. I am beginning to think in new directions.
Three first goals:
Explore Amazon's site and find and carefully read about everything the offer to writers.
Keep working on Johanna's story and Brat's story.
Start establishing presence on social media.

I got my first idea about the social media goal. Boy, is this thinking in a new direction! The end product will be posts on a blog and tweets, Facebook posts, and other posts as I think of them. What to post about? Two thoughts worth blogging about are - 1. In this age, technology does a lot for us, but we are losing the ability to think because so much thinking is done for us. and
2. Scanners. When I first heard the word scanner, I was sad because I'm not a scanner. I had much more curiosity when I was in college than I do now. But the down side of being a scanner is that it's hard to finish something, see it through the hard times and the boring times. Scanners are capable of sticking to a difficult task , many of them are college grads, and you can't get through college without some nose-to=the-grindstone effort. It's just that that type of work goes against their nature. And I think of so many people who have posted on Barbara's Boards and here on psych central with great ideas, and then they never post anything again. And maybe they're off doing successful things and don't feel the need to post. But. for me, the measly steps and an accountability buddy are the way to go.

That's what I came up with. It's all still a bit hazy, but that's two meaty ideas to blog about. In between, I can post bits of my writing, I wish my short stories were shorter. And I can post interesting pictures. Maybe I'll post pictures from creative commons. Some of them are really good. And I can post a lot of Barbara's ideas.

Happy stepping

This is the point in the creative process where I see scanners disappearing from the stepping thread. - When they go from a hazy "I have a dream. Everything is perfect" place to harsh reality. And sometimes I think you need to step away and let your brain "perk" before the ideas show up. But if you're going to succeed, you need to come back and tackle the harsh reality one step at a time. And then there's the part where the world socks it to your face with various versions of calamity. "Who do you think you are." No one wants to publish your work. Someone you love dies or divorces you.

Anyway, that's what I've come up with. And I'm going to use your twist somewhere in my blog if it's okay with you.
Today, I want to make a board with post-it notes and tack all my ideas onto it. - Which, as I think of it, is a very scanner thing to do.

Oh, and I can use some of the quotes I copied from the Boards.

Where is square peg guy when I need him?
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote