View Single Post
Cdogger76

Member Since Aug 2020
38 hugs
given
Default Sep 02, 2020 at 03:58 PM

I am the youngest of 4 kids, all of us now in our 60's. When we were little, up until college years, my two older sisters were very mean to me. They'd harass me and bully me till I ran from them in tears and hid in the closet. Our parents would say that I was 'too sensitive ' and to get over it. They never told my sisters to knock it off-it was always me they blamed. The sibling rivalry was cut throat. They were very competitive with me, even in adolescence. That part continues to this day. Even as adults now, my one sister is always competing with me about everything. I can't stand her competitive spirit! I feel like a loser around the both of them.

We are adults now, and we are cautiously polite with one another. But I feel such bitterness towards them for instilling a deep fear in me of any kind of female friendships-they weren't exactly roll models of female friendships.

How can I get over the way they treated me in childhood (and sometimes even now ) and forgive them once and for all?

Thank you, friends....

“Forgive yourself for not knowing better at the time. Forgive yourself for giving away your power. Forgive yourself for past behaviors. Forgive yourself for the survival patterns and traits you picked up while enduring trauma. Forgive yourself for being who you needed to be.”
~Audrey Kitching
Cdogger76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Abusedbysister, beauflow, downandlonely, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, possum220, RoxanneToto, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Abusedbysister, jesyka