Cdogger76

Cdogger76 Cold, windy, rainy here. Yuk.

3 yr Member
38 hugs
given
Default Sep 03, 2020 at 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
I’m so sorry, Cdogger! I get on really well with my older brother now, but he would wind me up when we were children and rarely was the one to be told off (I was also “too sensitive”) so I can relate a little. I hated him for a few years but not now.
I concur with the others; blood ties don’t mean you need to forgive them. Family, ideally, should have your back, not be trying to score points off of you or make you feel bad about yourself.
Think about what you’d like to do for yourself here? If they don’t have your best interests at heart, you need to look after yourself first.
RoxanneToto~

Thank you for your wise advice!

My closest age sister sometimes behaves like she's around 12 yrs. old still. I feel like her big sister most of the time we're together, not her little sister! Her competitiveness drives me up a wall! I guess I shouldn't worry too much about forgiving them for now. Later, maybe, but now I'll just concentrate on putting myself and my needs first !

“Forgive yourself for not knowing better at the time. Forgive yourself for giving away your power. Forgive yourself for past behaviors. Forgive yourself for the survival patterns and traits you picked up while enduring trauma. Forgive yourself for being who you needed to be.”
~Audrey Kitching
Cdogger76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
jesyka