Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2020 at 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishstoppedsmoking View Post
Hi, I've taken Seroquel at a low dose (100 mg) but needed olanzapine eventually as from MDD I developed psychotic features. Now I'm on aripriprozole as I gain too much weight on olanzapine.

50 mg is a low dose, you should discuss your concerns with your doctor, but perhaps consider taking the medication at 50 mg as prescribed.

As I learned, depression is not something to sneeze at, and it can get worse. Ask your doctor to educate you, more than reading on the internet which can freak someone out.

Hope you have a good doctor!

Best wishes
I don't have a doctor managing my psych meds. I left the hospital twice, each time with a bunch of psych meds ordered at my pharmacy by the providers at the psych hospital. Each time I was referred to nurse practitioners in different towns than where I live. They were supposed to treat me based on phone calls with me. I was told at the hospital, each time, I would also get a counselor. There's been no counselor provided to me.

Seroquel seemed to be the main med they were recommending. It helps me sleep, so I've stuck with it. There's a bunch more stuff just sitting there: Vistaril, Trazedone, Buspar, Depakote and more.

I need an actual psychiatrist who has met me in person. I have one at the clinic where I go for primary care, but he's got zero real interest in me. He said my grief was totally normal. I feel like I'm way too much on my own dealing with everything . . . or not dealing with stuff. I'm doing poorly and getting worse.

Have any of you been on Depakote and found it helpful?
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote