View Single Post
MtnWkr

Member Since Sep 2020
Default Sep 13, 2020 at 12:11 PM

That's a significant number of ties. If you feel it's worth the time and energy you can address each one singularly.

Relationships are difficult as is conflict for us all. Or, at the very least all I know.

If it's helpful I had a friend move overseas and his preference ( I was close with his wife also) was telephone calls. In this relationship I preferred texting/chatting. The time difference was a slight annoyance also. What I came to realize was I didn't miss them. Yes, I missed having another couple to go out with. I did not however truly miss either one of the. In the past I was much better at keeping boundaries. I worked hard at reinstating them. So, I just stopped communicating.At times I felt guilty and nearly contacted them. I would have wanted to sever ties almost immediately if I had. Obviously I didn't have much invested in this relationship so that made it easier. I didn't feel I was being true to myself or them by continuing the relationship.

You've got a full plate with all above. My feelings? Anyone worth remaining friends with will do so when you cut the cord (however you do so). There will always be gossip. It won't last. There will be the latest greatest gossip come along quickly and your group will forget the foolishness with you. IMHO. Best of luck
MtnWkr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nikon