View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Sep 13, 2020 at 02:09 PM

A reoccurring issue I have with my partner is him not wanting to discuss the future. Not that he doesn’t want one with me ( so he says).... but he just “isn’t the type” to plan or set goals.... it’s extremely frustrating for me. It makes me feel like he DOESNT want a future with me. We’ve been together for several years now and have yet to even discuss the idea of marriage or children etc. in passing , or as a joke if we see a meme or a post, things like this but not as a serious conversation where I can know where he stands maybe time wise or anything like that. And every time I try to talk to him about getting a house, it always ends in the silent treatment/ a fight. It’s as if, if he can’t do something today, on his own, it’s not worth talking about. And i know we are both still saving, but it took me literally days to find out what his goal to save was and how much he has saved already. I understand not wanting to be all into a topic that isn’t necessarily relevant in the here and now, but how am I supposed to know what to do if there’s no communication. Recently I asked what his plan was for housing again and he just keeps saying idk. Idk. Idk. Or staring at me like a deer in headlights. It’s like he is comfortable now so he doesnt plan for the future. I told him this bothers me. He says he doesnt want to hurt my feelings. Yet offers no actual apology....Instead of coming up with an actual plan together or giving me reasons why he’s comfortable etc. he tries to change the subject, like asking to watch a movie, or go for a walk, etc. which is not what i want.... i want answers... in some cases he deflects and asks what i want, what i plan on doing , etc. again avoiding the issue... it’s so frustrating. I know I am not where I want to be in life, I know there are things he wants to change too but I had thought the point was to do it together. It doesnt mean you cant make any life choices until you have everything you want. I feel like I’m at the point where I may just play along until I can get a house without him and break up.... I don’t want to end up being in a position where I am a middle aged woman who is stuck in an apartment, with no children, and still at “girlfriend “ status after being together for years and years....
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto