View Single Post
Fishkeeper

Member Since Sep 2020
Default Sep 15, 2020 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlylost View Post
I had a good experience with lithium. It was the first medication to give me a "quiet mind." I felt more calm and at peace, though it wasn't without side effects. It's important with lithium to stay hydrated. Since it's a salt it can cause issues in your body. It can also be stressful on your kidneys, so you want to make sure to take care of yourself and get your blood levels checked regularly.

I eventually quit lithium because the major side effect for me was that it sapped my motivation. I ended up losing interest in things and also gaining weight, so I stopped. I have thought about going back on it in the past, but my current medication regimen seems to be working well.

I would say that in general lithium is a good medication. It has also shown to help improve depression overall and be protective against suicide. If you have specific fears, definitely talk to your doctor about those to make sure you get all your questions answered and have all the information to make the best decision possible for you.

Thank you so much for your honest experience. It means a lot.
Fishkeeper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote