Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,766 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2020 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Hey artie, yeah that metformin can be a beach. The dose my dr had me on (for quite a while with no problem, btw) was giving me the runs, so i cut it in half.

Thanks una. I read side effects online about it and was ticking them off one by one he's got most of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
Sorry your husband is miserable. There is a wicked stomach thing going around. My daughter-in-law went to the emergency room with it last week it was so bad - they checked for kidney stones, appendicitis, and food poisoning. Sent her home with no clear decision but told her it could still be the appendix. She ended up back at the emergency room a few days later and they were able to at least rule out the appendix that time. The decided it is just a horrific "stomach flu" that takes a long time to get over. The teacher next door to me got the same thing last week and he still hasn't returned. Hopefully whatever is ailing your husband will run its course soon.

Thank you - I did not know that, will let him know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
It can definitely be the Metformin. My H couldn't even take the starter dose. I struggled with it for a long time too. I no longer struggle with stomach pain, but I have constant diarrhea from it. There are other meds out there. I take Pioglitazone and Trulicity. Trulicity has the added bonus of weight-loss if that's beneficial.

Thanks Scarlet. I think I'm going to send an email to the doctor about it maybe they can change his meds up.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2