Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 16, 2020 at 12:04 AM

For a couple of days I sat with one of my lined note pads and write two or three pages. I now have about 6 pages, and there they sit. Going back and typing them into the computer doesn't feels exciting. More like a chore.

Just looked up ol' Ernest's procedure and he wrote in pencil (working through 7 #2 pencils was a good day) kept count on an old piece of cardboard (500 words = good day). He transcribed standing up, sometimes for seven hours, on an electric typewriter. He also wrote standing up.

"In his lifetime only published seven novels, some collections of short stories and two non-fiction works."

I also know The Artist's Way advocated writing three pages in longhand stream of consciousness.

Yet, on the other hand, Isaac Asimov wrote or edited more than 500 books. How'd he do it?. Here are three nuggets from Asimov:
Isaac Asimov's Best Writing Habits
1. Asimov wrote every day, whether or not he felt like it.
2. Asimov used a simple writing style.
3. Asimov didn't care about critics.
Quote:
I made up my mind long ago to follow one cardinal rule in all my writing—to be clear. I have given up all thought of writing poetically or symbolically or experimentally, or in any of the other modes that might (if I were good enough) get me a Pulitzer prize. I would write merely clearly and in this way establish a warm relationship between myself and my readers, and the professional critics—Well, they can do whatever they wish.
Now, this give me a lot to think, er, write about. R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote