Fuzzybear has no updates.

20 yr Member
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 16, 2020 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlylost View Post
I think it's really easy for us to do some "mind reading" and assume what people think about us just because we don't feel good about ourselves. It's likely that people don't actually find you boring. That being said, sometimes what we believe about ourselves becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. In past relationships or friendships I've often hid parts of myself or not spoken up because I found myself to be boring or uninteresting. Ultimately that had a negative impact because the other person wanted to get to know me but because I felt so little of myself I didn't take the risk to open up.

If you still feel uninteresting, take time to take an inventory of what things you are interested in. What are some of the experiences you've had in your life? What are some things you want for the future? What are some questions that you'd like to ask others, and can you answer those questions yourself?

Conversations and friendships take practice. The more we become comfortable sharing ourselves the easier it is for them to last, and the easier it is for us to see that we are worthwhile, that we matter, and that we have something to offer. I hope you find ways to feel more confident about who you are.

Thanks for this!
quietlylost