View Single Post
paladin313
paladin313 has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Sep 20, 2020 at 01:05 AM

Here's a thought. Knowing now that I am on the spectrum, (level 1,) I've been doing research. Of course, I have run into things that try to make the claim that ASD is fake, it's not real, it's just doctors trying to find ways to make more money--the usual nonsense. I have a cousin with a daughter who is now 21, but with a mind of a 13-year old, who is somewhere between levels one and two, and I have family that have put her through the wringer. They tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about, it's all nonsense, and they have been rather harsh and rude to her daughter. They tell her she just needs to get over it, to grow up, to stop hiding behind a fake disease, and that gets my blood boiling. It's worse that it's her own blood. It's really angering now that I know that I also am on the spectrum. Nevermind my cousin has binders loaded with data from doctors analyzing her daughter. How did all this, "It isn't a real thing," get started? I want to tell these idiots to spend time living inside my brain and then tell me what is and is not real. However, I want more sensible responses to give them and let them know they don't know about what they speak. (P.S. If I am ever at a family gathering and they start in on the pair, I'm getting inbetween them and warning them to back up or else feel pain.)
paladin313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IowaFarmGal, RoxanneToto