Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2020 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
I went back up to 50mg of Vyvanse for a while this summer and started getting dissociative panic attacks when it wore off.

I admitted myself to the hospital because my mom and sister saw that I was in distress - I had a 5 hour panic attack in the hospital and was given meds that eventually calmed me down. I stayed there for 3 days for an emergency psychiatrist appointment.

The emergency psychiatrist put me on 10mg of olanzepine at night which stopped my panic attacks. I haven't had a panic attack since - And that was 3 weeks ago.

He lowered the Vyvanse back to 40mg and told me to take it later in the morning (10-11am) instead of at 7-8am when I get up for work. I've been taking the 40mg of Vyvanse every day at 10:30am. He said that once I'm stable, there's no problem about taking a short acting stimulant in the evening.

I saw a second psychiatrist (The one that I'll be seeing regularly) and he said the same thing - That it's ok to be on an evening short acting stimulant once I've been stable for a while.

I'm not doing well with general coping mechanisms for ADHD right now. I write two things that I have to do every day and it's hard because I have like 100 things that I could be doing. I'm exercising a lot though.

Things will be better eventually. I have to be very careful with my current meds and take them as prescribed because it's a balance to keep me stable. They don't want to mess with the meds - Even the Vyvanse because if I have too many panic attacks, I'd need a benzodiazepine 2-3 times a day to stop myself panicking about panicking which is bad.

People like to downplay adhd and it’s struggles and I hate that. I agree with your doctors. People also like to judge medication and how much someone takes and how they take it. I take adderall xr and I have to take it 4 times a day and my dose is higher than some people.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Desoxyn