Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2020 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
Have Hope, time heals. I have been in your situation where I was going through a divorce and lost my job at the same time. I weathered the storm by depending on my family and learning a new language to keep myself busy. It has been about ten years since these tumultuous times, I can vouch that life improves if you find ways to heal yourself and stay away from trouble. As you know, I have poor judgment at times with men and other issues. This poor judgment has gotten me in trouble. However, I have learned from my mistakes and am happier now. I am focusing on my life now and surviving. I am living a life now which is better than I expected because I found a job that has helped me to become independent. So, please persevere! I believe, you will live in the light again one day and look back at your past as just a period through which you overcame and survived! I say give yourself a few years to recover fully. Hopefully, you will bounce back soon but don't rush your recovery if you need the time to heal
@bpforever1, thanks so much. I need to hear encouragement right now, and your words are encouraging.

I think for me, my world has just all caved in at once and I am overwhelmed by how much I am dealing with simultaneously.

I am leaning on friends and family when I can, but I am trying to also not overwhelm them with my problems. There's only so much others can do.

I do lean on one girlfriend the most, and at least once per week we talk at length on the phone. That helps. Therapy helps. And keeping myself as busy as possible helps.

Dealing with COVID, along with unemployment, a grueling job search, strained finances, and periodically arising marital issues is proving to be very draining for me, and I am depressed. I fight through that depression each and every day.

It's just tough right now all around - COVID has presented all sorts of problems for people across the globe, and many are seriously suffering. The political atmosphere is not helping either. I am really on edge regarding the upcoming US election.... not to get into politics on here, but it's most upsetting for me too.

It's just not a good situation right now, and fighting through depression is very exhausting. It's hard to keep up the fight every single day. It's hard to remain positive every single day. Some days are better than others. Some days I feel relatively Ok and I can battle through, and other days, I crumble and want to crawl into my bed for the day.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, zapatoes