Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2020 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
All I’ll say is it can be difficult to read tone in text. Not aimed at anyone here, but I have read posts elsewhere (different forums) I felt were aggressive in tone, but others didn’t question or react to in the same way I might have if I’d responded.
I’m very sorry to hear you’ve been bullied online, in any case. The internet is, unfortunately, a good place to spout vitriol at others if you’re so inclined because of the anonymity it offers. Even better if you’re in a clique, as you’ve found! As to why you find yourself a target so often, I can’t say for sure. I’ve been a target in real life even though I’ve always tried to keep my head down and not go out of my way to offend others - so, I do get what you’re talking about, even if I don’t understand why, either.
Thank you, @RoxanneToto. I appreciate your kind reply and thoughts.

I had someone seriously go after me recently on another forum. She attacked me and insulted me, then accused ME of verbal abuse. The forum admin said she is from another country and excused her behavior by saying it's a "cultural barrier" issue. That's unacceptable to me. I felt bullied by her and beaten up simply because we had a difference in viewpoints.

And yes, I feel that many feel they can be more bold online than in person. In person, it can be just as bad though.

Bullying can have catastrophic effects on someone. It's a serious matter.

I'm very sorry you've experiences it IRL. I can empathize. It's not fun and it takes a toll.

~4 Non Blondes

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto