View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2020 at 01:30 PM

Hi everyone. Today is a big day for me because it is 8 months since I have SH-ed. That is two thirds of a year! I'm proud of me and I'm happy that I have friends that are willing to walk this journey with me. Usually when it's the 25th of the month I get a lot of bad memories of the psych hospital too. So far today I'm not having too many of those so I am counting my blessings.

Like 10 days ago, two weeks ago, somewhere in there, I was really wanting to give into the urges. My T helped me. Some other people helped me. And I was able to get through the urges. I'm so glad I did. Look at where I am now!! I wouldn't have been here if I couldn't have gotten through the urges. It's really hard sometimes. I would think after this long it would get easier, and I think it has overall. But there are still days, and moments, and weeks where it's stinking hard! Hopefully those days and moments and weeks become more and more infrequent.

It's a good journey. It's a good fight. I'm glad I'm having this battle now so the second half of my life can be better than the first half. Opening up to others and letting them help me was really the key for me. I can't take credit for the idea. It was Pastor T's idea and at the time I thought he was a bit of a fruitcake to suggest it but I was desperate so I did it. It's been the best thing for me, really it has.

Keep up the good fight, all you in this fight with me. Some times we will win, sometimes we might lose, but overall I think we can win the war. Just gotta stop warring with ourselves!

HUGS!!!! Kit

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3