Mopey remove

5 yr Member
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatBell View Post
Thanks Mopey. How are you these days. Hurts me to see how badly the US is hit at the moment.

Another thing is this new place I live. It feels like a college dorm. Nothing wrong with that, but I’m 33 and it’s not what I’m looking for. Seems like most people in my building are teenagers-early 20s. At least the act like that (I think the owners of the building take in a lot of young people who are a bit troubled one way or another).
So I also feel a bit like an outsider here - story of my life really (I almost have to laugh about it at this point).
So I don’t want to seem angry or unpleasant towards them- I act nicely when I see them, but am not really interested in anymore than that (because of the age gap. We’re too different).
Sorry, Mat, I'm a little late in reading this post, as so much has been going on around here and in my life. I must say that you're right -- in my lifetime the United States and our system of government has never been in such danger. It's terribly nervewracking. In Europe, a much older culture, all of this must seem like a very old story, with the same sorts of figures, the same turns of events, happening over and over again. But for us here, it's pretty new and pretty devastating. I was excited when Trump caught the virus, but unfortunately he seems to be recovering.

Re your living situation: I think it always helps to be pleasant towards people, even if you don't have much interest in them. Keeps things more peaceful for you.

I'm sure you'll be getting used to your new place for some time to come and finding out more things about it. I wondered if you had found a gym there yet, as you used to say the workouts were sometimes helpful for you. Here, because of the abysmal lack of leadership, most of our gyms are still closed. This affects my husband very badly. He says he feels anxious all the time when he can't exercise. But in Denmark I think they handled things much better so perhaps the gyms are open.

Thinking of you....