View Single Post
Social132

Member Since Apr 2008
Default Apr 29, 2008 at 04:45 PM

I like to tell anyone with Schio... that not to get to caught up with the name of there mental illness. I have been through a lot-Doctors-hospitals-therapists etc and they told me never get to caught up with the name of their diagnois. Bipolar illness has parnoid thoughs and psychosis as well. I take an antipsycotic medication and a mood stabilizer for Bipolar. Recovery is possible and takes time and patience-we all need love, suport, and medications to fully recover and be ourselves again. Accepting your strenghts and weaknesses is really important once diagnosed with a mental illness. Never give up and look for the positive things you have in life. I once was a high achiver and gotten a univerisity degree, but I got sick with Bipolar and my world has changed around such as, my limitations of what I want or can do for a job. However, I am keeping strong by journalizing, using support groups, attending regular Doctor appt's and taking my meds, and I have a sense of spirtuality. Also, reading books about an illness, going for walks, etc. has helped me come along my recovery.
Good luck to Everyone and keep well!
Social132 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote