View Single Post
LionButterfly

Member Since Oct 2020
14 hugs
given
Default Oct 12, 2020 at 04:19 AM

Hello, I am "LionButterfly" writing this from a phone about a problem I noticed I had since a long time. Sorry for my bad English, my mother tongue is French.

I know I am a generally anxious person, when a friend of me put his hand on my shoulder or sth like that I often get told "wow you need to relax dont be so contracted", my other problem (made a post about it) might not have helped my anxiety at all. I also notice that I stress a lot when I walk past a stranger or when I am in a crowd.

I did an hypnotherapy session 2 years ago for stress when talking in public, I am quite happy I can manage this now (i used to be completely shaking and all this) I also worked on my side to improve that.

Recently I had a work experience and I noticed that when our manager told us instructions, I had problems remembering what he showed us or said.... As always, I often have little stress, breath differently, muscle tension. Same when a teacher gives a personnalised advice to me.
I noticed that it improved a little one week later as I gained confidence, but the first days were terrible amd made me depressed "am I too dumb to listen to simple instructions?"

My hypothesis is that when someone tells me something (and when that person is not a friend because I never have those problems with friends) I spend most of my energy to look natural (keeping eye contact, nod, manage my stress, posture) in the end I say yes all the time and I focused on me instead of what the person was saying.... which doesnt help when I have to execute those, I end to forget really quickly while normally I have a good memory.

Is my bad attention during those moments caused by my anxiety?
I have no problems about studying or staying focused a long time on something, I succeed very good in my studies, its just when someone else that I dont know come close to me to tell me something, my attention goes away and worries to look natural and polite come above.

Do you have any tips for this? Thanks
LionButterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BobbyJo, Discombobulated, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks