View Single Post
jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Oct 14, 2020 at 01:59 AM

so i'm looking at getting a 'newer/different' vehicle, going from a car to an suv. my parents have been searching for me too, trying to find 'good ideas/options'. [i've only had a car previously, so i have zero knowledge of suv designs or things like that.....]

my mom sent me a link for a 'good deal suv' yesterday. i looked at the email last night and noticed that this suv had a 'panoramic view/sun-roof/moon-roof' thingy on it. this was my first time seeing one like this, and we are looking at the same model type.

i think i immediately got this like cold-sense sent thru my body. the idea of having 'glass' next to my head i think just sent me going.
Possible trigger:

so i replied to my mom saying 'i doubt i'd be comfortable with having more glass next to my head'. she replied today, basically saying i could close it and the view would be gone - something like that.

tonight, i find i'm having flashbacks of BOTH my car-crash from five years ago and my car-accident from many years ago!! apparently just thinking about having a vehicle with a 'glass top' is super unsettling to me.

and my mind isn't stopping there. it's taking things even farther!
Possible trigger:

if my mom 'pushes' this suv on me (mainly cuz of the good value), what do i do since i can't explain this? h**l, i can't even talk to anyone IRL about my ptsd!

[the five-year anniversary mark for my car crash was just seven days ago! talk about horrible timing, uh?! ]
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
annoyedgrunt84, Breaking Dawn, Open Eyes, TunedOut