Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 16, 2020 at 09:42 AM

Hi D, that's happened a couple of times when I got confused about what was the best/latest version. Especially with many reviewers and that track versions/reviews tool in play.

Sometimes I've shifted the current version to a new folder but forget I did that. Or I make a small change and delete the wrong one.

Seems you understand it's the wrong version after you upload it. You might experiment with different file names so you know by the name. I typically use "draft," "review," and "final." Sometimes with fast cycles I use the date: filename 10-16.ext

I work a lot on Google because it allows me to collaborate across all my devices everyday, and if the need arises to share stuff with other people. It's got a version history tab which allows me to see the dates and changes I made and name particular versions. It also means the current version is the active one. Google docs, sheets, and slides are subsidized (free to users) by their ad revenue.

I just got a notice that MS WORD 2016 for Mac will no longer be supported. I guess it'll have to stop drifting and finally get a job. MS said I could pay their subscription to the 2019 package for life, I suppose, or buy their suite for use on one machine.

I guess MS wanted to make this decision really easy.
R.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote