View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2020 at 04:52 AM

Hi there: I have always known my extended family had racists undertones. (not my mother or siblings, father is dead). My uncle, his wife and kids have always "walked the racist line". Actually they really havent but I grew up around them so I guess I didnt see it the way I do now.
I blame politics 100%. My brother is gay and his partner is black. Last year my Aunt said stuff like : "Let me take a picture with B I have always wanted a black and white pic". Or she would call him a chocolate eclair and then say : " You know Im kidding right? " Well what do you think a new black member of the all white family would say? My brother is makes no bones about how he feels and let her know. Now, we have a pandemic and the rhetoric is worse. They act like its ok to hate "those people" but not 'B". Or my brother who is gay. Its the other "gays" that are the problem but oh, no, not him. My mother wasnt raised this way so I have no idea where my uncle gets this from.

He has never been particularly nice to me anyway. I defriended him because he kept sending me trump stuff when I specifically told him not to. In fact my last message was " DO NOT EVER send me another trump thing again" and he did. That side of the family rails against "libtards and snowflakes" it goes on and on. My immediate family will not be doing holidays with them but with Fauci's guidelines it gives us an out. My brother and I told my mom that they need to know the real reason and I know she is dreading the convo. I do not understand why people with racist ideas are everywhere now. Well I do really its just disheartening when its your family. Has anyone else had to contend with this and how? Did you have conversations or confrontations >?
To those that respond: Please use the mention function (@sarahsweets) so I dont lose track of the thread and not participate. Thanks.

President of the no F's given society.

Last edited by bluekoi; Oct 18, 2020 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Remove political content

Hugs from:
Bill3, Have Hope, Innerzone, Nammu, poshgirl, tevelygo, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna