View Single Post
Wandering by

Member Since Aug 2020
10 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2020 at 09:42 AM

Hello all. Pretty new here. I feel depressed and isolated with no one to talk to about my problems. I have ADHD, OCD, shyness, and depression issues so have always struggled with job stability. I put up with a lot of abuse at certain jobs because I took what I could get. I was at one toxic workplace for 3 years, where I felt I had to stay so I could pay my bills.
My anxiety was so high there, that even after I left I was still lying on my bed for two hours a day, doing whatever I could to calm down.

So my doctor put me on Prozac. And it worked like a miracle. In three days my anxiety went away and I could focus great for the first time in my life. I got a good job where I was respected, and soon moved to a beautiful city I always wanted to live in ( was a renting, didn't own the house).

Then everything went to skies. Coronavirus hit, so my new social life ended and I was lonely again. Then I lost my job, two days later my car was totaled, and I wound up having to move back in with my parents (I'm over 30). My medication also wore off and I feel like I cam't focus on ANYTHING anymore, or make a decent longterm plan. Depression isn't helping.
I have a sister nearby and her kids that I hung out with a lot. They've been my main social life, my lifeline in this tiny town I don't fit in with.

Out of nowhere my sister started getting angry at me for not getting a car and a job by now. She has been pushing this even when Covid first hit and jobs were scarce. She's convinced the whole Covid thing is practically a hoax, and I need to act like it isn't happening. She said she wants to pull off people's masks when she sees them, and she's not interested in anyone else's opinion about it.

Anyway, she started getting judgmental about all sorts of stuff and doesn't want me over at her house much anymore (I was there about 3 times a week). I think she's trying to punish me for not getting my own place, car, and job.

She's practically a cult member with the way she follows Trump, so I don't want to be around her much anymore but I'm starting to miss the kids. And I'm super isolated.
I'm not bashing Trump supporters, but SHE has been taking things to a worrying degree.
I told another sister how badly she talked to me and that sister started gaslighting me and acting like I imagined it. She lives two states over and has not seen how the sister here talks to me lately but kept taking her side anyway. None of them ever show any understanding or compassion for people with depression or financial struggles, and since that's my world right now, I can't talk to either of them without feeling looked dow on. Neither of their financial situations changed after Covid.
I'm cutting them all off for now, and I'm glad not to be talked down to for having problems they don't have, but I'm also more isolated than ever.
Thank you to anyone who read this, even just some of it. It made me feel so much better to get this off my chest. I'm so glad there are people on here who do understand my struggles.
Wandering by is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
annoyedgrunt84, Fuzzybear, Myck, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, Yzen

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84