Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2020 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I find the holidays more stressful than enjoyable at this point. I was never a fan of Thanksgiving but liked Christmas and Halloween as a kid. Now Christmas involves travel to see people I'd rather not see. Thanksgiving has gotten tense over the years with two people having a cold war over who gets to cook. Thanksgiving will be small this year, if we do it at all. I hope Covid cancels our Christmas travel but am getting nervous my husband doesn't feel the same way, lol.
I agree. When I was a kid, my favorite holidays were Halloween and Christmas. Not anymore. I like the food during Thanksgiving but don't like having company during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Partially because they tend to overstay their welcome and also it is just too much. I will say, out of the four holidays, I prefer Halloween the most since there is no get togethers. The passing out candy part is for kids and for adults, it's usually just a night to hang out with others.

New Years is not bad but people go a bit too crazy at times, but I still prefer it over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Basically, like you said, it involves seeing people I'd rather not see. I can understand why you don't like it. And I hope not as many people come over for the holidays too. Not because I'm afraid of the virus, but just don't want many people over.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote