Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2020 at 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
It doesn't sound rude to me at all. I know what you mean. There's my sister who lives 3000 miles away who is married with two adult children. I haven't spent any holidays with them and I wouldn't be interested to. It would be too much drama for me. They have never come to visit me. If I had the choice between me visiting them or them visiting me, I would choose the latter. It would make me feel more in control. But I think it would be nice to see them go if they did.
Yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to go visit her. I'm also like you in the fact that if I do have to see company, I actually prefer for them to make the trip since I hate traveling. But it is nice to see them go too. And yeah, when company is over, there is more drama. More gossiping. If kids or even teenagers around, there is more yelling. And after awhile, especially if some of them overstay their welcome, people naturally start getting sick of each other. I prefer no company at all. And if there is company, I also prefer it to be a visit that lasts no more than a couple hours. Having them spend the night, especially for days to over a week on end is just way too much. I start thinking, please leave.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote