Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2020 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
ETA I posted this before I had read the other posts in this thread posted after this, so please disregard if not appropriate. I have had issues with friends which are somewhat similar at times so I felt I had something to say. I could delete my post but I hope it at least isn't ''unhelpful''. That is never my intention.

Good post. I agree. Sometimes its hard to get the balance ''right'' since we usually cannot read the other person's mind. She might care about us a lot but still be overwhelmed by,,.. not sure. So needs ''space'' for now and for whatever reason doesn't express that with style and grace. I would feel hurt too. This person has been clumsy with her words and probably flakey too. I personally do not often close the door on a friend I have been close to unless they are abusive. But it's complicated. I also think that texting now and then in a friendly and interested way is a good option. In the past I used to close my door when I was hurt and sometimes I closed the door on a good friend who then interpreted that as lack of interest on my part (when it was much more complicated... I felt hurt by them, with good reason usually)

I have had 2 quite ''close'' or at least long term friends close the door with no explanation on me recently. I know that is completely different but it made me think... anyway I have decided to keep my door closed on them. Sometimes a particular individual (or individuals) just is (are) not ''worth the effort'' when they are disrespectful (or even if they repeatedly do not put the effort we put into the friendship) Sorry about the rambling, I hope it makes some sense.
You don't have to take your post down.

Thank you for the validation re my feelings.

I might take my own last post down. It made me feel anxious afterward. I feel a bit hyperfocused.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Fuzzybear