View Single Post
singularity01

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Oct 21, 2020 at 02:16 PM

Hi. Something I've been doing for socializing during this time of social distancing is playing party games over Google Meet. I mostly play Jackbox games. These are super fun, interactive games that you don't have to be into video games to play. A lot of the games involve trivia or drawing. I run the games from my laptop and then screen share it over Google Meet. I rejoined up with Facebook and friended a ton of people I haven't talked to since probably high school. I'll invite anyone to the games. The more people you invite and the more often you invite them, the more likely you'll get someone to come. I use Facebook events for the invitations and sometimes Google calender events for people not on Facebook. It's a good time. I promote the games pretty hard on Facebook. I message people to tell them about it. I'm going to try live streaming my next gaming session and see if that gets more people interested. Anyhow, these online games have been the primary source of socializing for me during the pandemic. You could try organizing something like that. It's great because you can reconnect with people you haven't seen in a long time and play games with people in other states, maybe even other countries. Drinking while playing the games makes it feel just like a party, but I'm actually trying to cut out the drinking. I just mention that if you are into that. This is a way that maybe you could take control of your social life and socialize with people again, if you are up for trying something new.
singularity01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote