View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2020 at 03:31 PM

“Equal opportunity bigots”. Lol I know it’s not funny but made me chuckle, equal opportunity haters. Hate everyone who isn’t like them. I am convinced hate comes from ignorance. Some people don’t comprehend much and don’t know much (not due to cognitive limitations, simply due to lack of desire to learn anything), live isolated lives, read conspiracy theories, repeat what others say mindlessly, never travelled and never experienced diversity and are too lazy to learn. Sadly their ignorance causes problems to others who are on a receiving end of their hatred. Sad.

I kind of agree that most people don’t change their ways. But some do. The ones willing to learn and explore and step out of their limited surrounding and open their horizons. Some do change their ways. For example, I know people who were convinced that homosexuality is a choice, they simply lack education and knowledge on the matter. When they made an effort to learn, they discovered how wrong they were. It’s commendable. It’s never too late to learn and grow. There is hope for some people.

Thanks for this!
lizardlady