View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2020 at 10:12 AM

The social isolation can be very difficult. COVID has been a pain for those who are considered essential too. I, regretfully, am in a position where I see things from different views. The families that are struggling, the individuals who have no family and only have paid professionals coming into their homes. It's so sad.

I think one limiting belief that has happened around mental illness is that meds and therapy are the best combination for getting through this crap of mental issues. I have tried far too many meds that have worked then failed, or failed and made things worse. In the last few weeks, I discovered that the mental health system is broken!!! There is far too much stigma for all Involved! Many of us put faith in meds, and then we miss what anxiety, fear, and other emotions are trying to help us make the best life for ourselves. What if we change and have compassion for ourselves and then look into why and what we need to do to release the troubling emotions.

Anxiety tells us something is wrong, and some of us turn to meds and we then don't learn what anxiety is communicating to us. Behavior got us into this mess of being labeled mentally unhealthy. Why is it that meds and therapy have to be the only solution?

Of course this is my view. And I'm making the changes to work through instead of push away the labeled feelings of negativity.

Part of this is a rant,bit it seems to fit. I don't mean to create contention or any other thing. Just simply stating my view.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
annoyedgrunt84

Thanks for this!
annoyedgrunt84