Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
I have NOT found that ''parents'' go along with things and are tolerant. ''because after all, its family''...
I am glad you shared this Fuzzy because I had said that and I wanted to add to that but that thread got closed so I couldn't. Sometimes what I said is true and sometimes its the child that is expected to go along with the parent's behaviors even when it is toxic for them. Yet, it could be anyone's behaviors that are tolerated just because of the overall "tribal or group message" that is being followed.

What triggers me is how because of that I am often not allowed to talk about the toxic aspects of a person that bothers me. It hits so close to home with me and things I experienced due to a toxic individual/individuals that were so unhealthy for me and yet I was not allowed to say anything or was punished when I did.

There have been times where I have even been punished for saying something and instead expected to tolerate and be quiet. Times where I have been hated or shunned because someone else or a group wants to think it's ok and tolerate it.

Even when it came to the lawyer that handled my lawsuit, he was mentally losing it and people did know and I could not get help to get rid of him until it got so obvious. He was a well known name, a good ole boy and no one wanted to mess with the fact that he did not want to retire. As a result I was stuck with him and instead of my case being resolved in two years it took NINE long years and I suffered due to that in so many ways. Truth is when a person is mentally declining they deny it, they can act the part, dress the part, look like they can do the part, but they CAN'T do the actual tasks. I was TRYING to talk about it but he was protected due to him being a good ole boy.

The ptsd I suffered got so crippling. Then I had to deal with all the toxic my older sister had been creating so she could profit for HERSELF from my parents. She presented herself as the one to keep order and calm and that if anything got upsetting it was MY doing. She only ACTED like she was good an cared, but all that time she was extorting thousands. And hiding it through HER CHILDREN too. Or, accusing me for taking knowing full well it was herself. My sister is a gaslighter, covert narcissist and one of the most corrupt and mean individuals I have ever personally come across. There are times where a person can SEEM like they are something THEY ARE NOT and actually fool a lot of people. Things she did that were red flags were TOLERATED when in reality she was embezzling.