View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Oct 28, 2020 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I feel really emotionally needy right now. I keep trying to find comfort.. anywhere I can find it.. online with FB groups, here, with my friends...

It's anxiety - I am super anxious, I am hurting and I am suffering.

The unknown is really scaring me. My therapist scared me today with hypotheticals and worst case scenarios regarding my pending divorce. It scared me greatly. What if I don't get this job offer? Then what he asked? What if your husband asks you if you are happy, what do you say? What if things end before you have a job? WTF? Do you want to give me heart attack??????

These are the questions and hypotheticals that my therapist asked me.

As for me? I need to go with the flow and take things as they come, one day at a time. I cannot plan for all these different possible scenarios - it's giving me MASSIVE anxiety!

And I am calling every possible friend and family member to talk about this upcoming divorce. I have SO many emotions swirling around it.. the main one being anxiety. Nothing seems to be helping to ease my anxieties, no matter how many people I call and no matter whom I speak with.

I think I am freaking out.
This is just a guess because I don't know the full context or tone of voice, but maybe your therapist was trying (but made it worse) to give you a worst case scenario to say that even if you lost all these things what would you have? I.e. friends and family that love you, a good heart, etc.

I know you have helped alot of people here on pc including myself. Your validations have gotten me through some dark times. I'm sure others would agree.
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Have Hope