View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2020 at 05:16 PM

I did not get the job I had hoped I would be getting an offer for.

Here was her note (pasted below) - which made little sense to me: am I overqualified????? Is that what she is saying? They changed the role on me during the interview process, particularly during that last interview, so maybe instead they decided that they couldn't offer me the role I had applied for?

"Hi ___________,

Thank you so much for going through the hiring process with me and the team. Ultimately, coming across a strong candidate like you made the team reflect on the role we were hiring for and right now we're not going to move forward with your candidacy.

I hate to say something like you're too skilled, but it's the honest truth. After meeting with the team and Peter, the conversation became clear that we could bring you in, but it wouldn't be a fair career progression. You would bring a welcomed level of mentorship and management.

Again, I appreciate and thank you for your time in this process and I wish you the absolute best in your search. I'm sure a very lucky company will scoop you up.

All the best,
M

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3