View Single Post
misterdonut

Member Since Oct 2016
Default Nov 16, 2020 at 02:40 PM

I appreciate your responses. I'll just respond to one question of yours at a time right now @sarahsweets for time sensitivity.

I'll reiterate that I don't think that any of my complaints are something that I can hold against anyone, it's just emotion, dealing with the realities of the world today and feeling left out.

I'm just going to attach a paper version that I drew for a diagram I worked on on my computer, but it crashed and I lost it. Basically, you see that you have some intraracial relationships, some have interracial relationships, then you have those who want intraracial relationships but they lack the opportunity. This is of course an extremely simplified breakdown, but you can apply it to populations of thousands and millions and while it won't be reflected in reality perfectly, it is somewhat accurate within trends.

Interracial relationships between black men and white women are being glorified in media and entertainment, nearly every ad you see these days featuring a couple is a black man and a white woman, even my Dad who's quite anti-racist notices it. Black men dominate as the "heroes" in our present day culture, they make up the majority of the dominant professional mega popularity sports athletes, a great many of the music stars who are male and women gravitate toward those models, white men have been deposed from those roles to a disproportionate degree. It just increases the pressures on finding a mate, there are already too many reasons why we to not date people as our culture becomes more fragmented and we have more and more differences that are deal breakers. It's not the only problem, but one of many that makes it increasingly difficult to find love without major compromises for compatibility.

And I'm not saying that the a person who feels anger or frustration about the interracial relationships can justifiably say anything about it, the people in the relationship have chosen to date or marry that person and that's completely their right. Nevertheless jealousy, envy, racism emerges in people and it's not just white men, I know that there are a lot of black women upset about the quandary that it places them in as well. The mental health aspect of it, the social issues associated are real and should be dealt with, which is what I'm trying to do for myself. It will probably help tremendously once I meet someone for a lasting relationship, my problem is that I'm in my middle age period and I've never been married, I've not really had many lasting relationships; I could write a book about why. I'll also admit that when I have that jealousy seeing a couple, that the woman may perfectly well not have been interested in me anyway, but that's why the economics of it are important, because she may not have dated me, but then in the world that my id wishes for, she'd be dating another white guy, which would take him out of the competition for someone else that I might date, it's something of a domino effect. Do you see what I'm saying? Honestly I think you can find frustration in every racial group related to witnessing others from their racial group pairing with someone from outside of it. And it boils down to a primal, emotional response.

I'm not sure what I was hoping for from the post, I think it was help in getting over the problem, truly and fully. I may need to talk to a therapist about it.

misterdonut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote