View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 19, 2020 at 02:35 AM

Sorry to learn your sis, D, is dealing with being sick. Everywhere is shifting back to lockdown.

I think the pollsters have been asking the wrong questions. They run something like: "If there was a covid vaccine, would you take it?" A better question would be: "If there were a c-vaccine, would you want to be first in line?" Those people who would take it early become the influencers for the waiters and then eventually some of the doubters.

Speaking of which, I've been watching the developments of the general flu vaccines for this season. Turns out there's two versions, one has only one flu it addresses and the other has four (4!) and is for seniors because we have supposedly declining immune systems.

The early-takers have reported in, some fine, some with reactions. What I'd expect.

For me, I've been focused on discharging a gig for $500 to help review some federal relief monies. Scored individually first, and then with 4 others reviewers to consense on a common score. Each of the 21 applications had 8 questions we scored. We crunched through all 168 questions in 2.5 hours. And we were slow compared to the other groups (probably only a few minutes). We had better discussions, so there!

That done, I've been faced again with playing bridge online. Turns out the P&R dept has been experimenting and thinks they have an arrangement that better mimics in-person play. Given that this lockdown takes up back to square one after 280 days into this, I seriously have to re-think my keeping away from online playing.

Oh, happened upon a sweet potato cornbread recipe with a peach bourbon & butter spread. Gave it a spin yesterday and it ranks nearly as good as cornbread we had in a local restaurant. The total costs was about $20 to make it.

Yuck List: have to research intercom systems because wannabe break-inners have pretty much destroyed the one we have. Thought I'd dig in today. Didn't happen. Hoping tomorrow morning I have the focus, energy, & heart.

Re: comfort levels. It's all a stretch and I went through every emotion over the past 2 years about this work. Never comfortable, but then again, Never Dull.
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote