90 hugs
given
Default Nov 21, 2020 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daladico View Post
@NSky-
Thank you for this raw & real post.

The best advice I’ve gotten from a fellow bipolar friend:
F*cking live it up on the stable days. F*cking make the most of life on those days. Over the past few years, the stable days have been rare for me... but I feel like I may finally be finding my way?

My other favorite advice: in the lows, take care of yourself. Be gentle to yourself. Treat yourself like it’s the flu. Don’t beat yourself up.

Ok one more favorite gem: connect with others who understand. Check in here often. We have some incredible supportive amazing people here <3
Sending you wishes for inner peace <3
Thank you for you for reading and your response!! I’m really hoping for a better day soon so I can live it up, for sure! I’ve been depressed since July and have actually been teaching high school. I had zero belief that I could teach, but somehow I have managed for the last 4 months. It gives me some hope that I can keep my job with this disorder. I’m not 100% hopeful, but so far I’ve made it. I just don’t know what else to do with my life. I’ve been a teacher for 10 years. I never wanted to do anything else. I’m not sure if my marriage will last and my husband told me that he cannot support me if I lose my job... so I fight like hell to keep going despite how I feel. I keep thinking the routine will help me get back to normal, but I really don’t know what normal will feel like.

So even with all of the medication you take, the stable days aren’t there everyday? I thought the medication is supposed to help us but I feel like so many take so much and still don’t feel normal. I only take lithium and don’t want to add anything else. I tried a few things and nothing helped. I know it can take years to figure out the cocktail, but I have so much fear about adding anything else. I feel better knowing I just take one. I also stopped the sleep meds because they stopped working. I sleep the same amount with or without them.

Thank you, I’m trying to be patient with myself. I was mad for awhile because I can’t sleep... but I had to learn to adjust and accept only getting 3-4 hours. I think I may have gotten 5 this week once or twice.

Yes I will check in here often. It has helped knowing I’m not alone in this..... maybe we will live long enough for them to come up with an actual cure!!
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, daladico

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, daladico