catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2020 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaoSky View Post
That’s so amazing that your marriage got stronger and your husband supports you!! I wish I could say that happened with me. During my mania I kicked my husband out of the house. He got an apartment and now that I’m trying to make it work with him, he won’t move back to the house. Everything changed. He puts himself first now and wants to live in an apartment long term. It’s so complicated. I stay with him during the week, but I still have my house. I’m torn between selling it or staying separated and keeping it. The main reason I want to stay with him is because I can’t stand thinking I won’t have my little girl every day. She’s only 2 and the main reason I wake up each day and do anything. She keeps me moving when I don’t want to.

24 years is a long time and you not accepting it all the way doesn’t make me feel any better but it helps me know that this is just a freaking hard illness to deal with. It takes a lot of support for sure.

It sounds like you have an amazing son too!! I also have a 21 year old daughter. I’m hoping I can give my 2 year old as much love and attention that I was able to give my 21 year old. I feel like I’ve failed her coming down with this, but it brings me hope that I can still be a good mom to her. She’s my world right now.

I wish I could keep things more simple, maybe one day. For now I am still living my life like I did before my diagnosis because I have to, not because I want to. I keep hoping one day I will feel normal....

My husband and I have been married for over 30 years. About 12 years ago, between my BD and his OCD/hoarding we decided to live separately. He lives in the house he and his sister inherited from his parents (he lives there alone). I live in my nice, tidy little apartment with my cats.

Husband and I live exactly 1 mile apart. Yes, it is far from ideal. But we remain best friends and our relationship works so well this way. It works for us and I think it's takes a burden off our (adult) children.

BUT, having a toddler puts a very different spin on things. I feel for you.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
daladico

Thanks for this!
daladico