divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2020 at 12:10 PM

Temporary dependence is understandable.

I had one woman chastising me once why I was fixing my own car (getting a new tire). I wasn’t fixing it myself. I drove to a dealership! She was questioning why my husband wasn’t doing it. My husband is not a car mechanic! He is RN and was on 12 hour work shift! By the time he’d get out dealership would be closed plus he’d not go a dealership in scrubs with potentially hazardous body fluids on and what difference does it make who takes car to the dealership????

She said she never in her life took her cars to repairs or did anything else car related. I thought it was the stupidest idiotic thing I ever heard. And she was getting kind of indignant about it too and I was forced to defend why I am taking my own car to get fixed geez But that’s how many women live their whole life. And if their husband dies they have to look for other people to take care of them.

My sister in law is this way (minus abuse). If something happens to my brother, their kids will have to take care of her but if not kids she’d have to depend probably on me and my husband. I don’t even think she knows where their bank is at
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope