Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 22, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Temporary dependence is understandable.

I had one woman chastising me once why I was fixing my own car (getting a new tire). I wasn’t fixing it myself. I drove to a dealership! She was questioning why my husband wasn’t doing it. My husband is not a car mechanic! He is RN and was on 12 hour work shift! By the time he’d get out dealership would be closed plus he’d not go a dealership in scrubs with potentially hazardous body fluids on and what difference does it make who takes car to the dealership????

She said she never in her life took her cars to repairs or did anything else car related. I thought it was the stupidest idiotic thing I ever heard. And she was getting kind of indignant about it too and I was forced to defend why u sm taking my own car to get fixed geez
WOW -- that is rather mind blowing. I suppose some women are far more traditional, even today, and still believe that a man should provide for them and take care of them. It's a state and principle of helplessness to live by when we're not helpless at all. I don't view men or relationships in this way myself.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote