View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Frown Nov 24, 2020 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

My husband and I have been married for over 30 years. About 12 years ago, between my BD and his OCD/hoarding we decided to live separately. He lives in the house he and his sister inherited from his parents (he lives there alone). I live in my nice, tidy little apartment with my cats.

Husband and I live exactly 1 mile apart. Yes, it is far from ideal. But we remain best friends and our relationship works so well this way. It works for us and I think it's takes a burden off our (adult) children.

BUT, having a toddler puts a very different spin on things. I feel for you.
That’s cool that you guys have decided on the arrangement yet y’all are still together. I don’t think my husband would go for the separate living arrangements and even if he did we would have to trade our child back and forth and that’s what I want to avoid. I’m sacrificing my need to live apart so that I can have my daughter everyday. I had originally filed for divorce during my mania and I was totally fine with raising our daughter separately and doing the whole trading back and forth with her BUT when the depression hit, I just couldn’t do it anymore. I ended the divorce and convinced my husband that I was still in love with him and it was the mania that made me do it. But honestly I don’t know!! I have no idea if I would have left him eventually... I don’t know how much I really love him, especially during this depression I don’t have a lot of feelings, only for my baby... I love her so much. She’s my heart and I can’t be away from her for very long. I care about my husband, but he’s just not affectionate with me... he says he loves me, but it’s not the love I would really want to have.... and now with this illness I’m sure many people would have a hard time accepting me. I’d probably end up single for the rest of my life if I don’t stay with him. Not that it’s a bad thing, but not something I ever wanted. I’m just so confused about our relationship or where it’s headed.... so I keep the house just in case. He thinks I love “stuff” more than I love him because I’m holding onto it.... but I don’t know what to do with everything should I sell the house and right now I struggle just to go to the grocery store!! So I keep putting off making a decision. Decisions are so hard right now!!!
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*