View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Nov 24, 2020 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
He got an apartment and now that I’m trying to make it work with him, he won’t move back to the house. Everything changed. He puts himself first now and wants to live in an apartment long term. It’s so complicated.
Can you guys go to marriage counseling? My husband has a therapist and I have a therapist that work together to keep us a strong family unit.
24 years is a long time and you not accepting it all the way doesn’t make me feel any better but it helps me know that this is just a freaking hard illness to deal with. My Dx road have been hard very few drs agree with how to diagnose me. Some drs want me heavily medicated others think it's more personality. A lot have no idea what to do. I'm now on the highest AP and AD I've been on ever. 2.5 meds vs. 5 meds. If the Dx was consistent over the years I think I'd have an easier time excepting it. I still ask my treatment team if they are sure and they say they are. If you have to ask your dr. or therapist. Do you have a therapist?
When I was going through the mania he agreed to go to counseling but said I had to go first... then I ended up in the hospital and filed for divorce. Now that I’m depressed I’m scared to ask him anything. I don’t think he will go. I also tried to look into marriage counseling and couldn’t find anything that our insurance would pay for... but I’m sure there is something. Maybe if I decide to move in all the way with him and sell the house maybe he would go if I asked him.

I did have a therapist but I felt like I told her everything and there wasn’t much else I could say or she could reply with. She helped me get to the point where I got on meds, but beyond that I felt like there wasn’t more she could do so I stopped seeing her. Now I just talk to my family when I’m feeling down and it’s about the same I was getting for the therapist and it’s free. Ya that’s rough that they didn’t all agree! It’s so hard to find the right combo of meds and it still sounds like many people on this forum haven’t quite found the perfect combination!!
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote