View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,442 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2020 at 11:22 PM

it’s about the same I was getting for the therapist You may need to find a different therapist. They're suppose to give you ideas on prevention and management. For me they're the ones (here too) that tell me when my meds or thinking is off. Their notes help the psychiatrist prescribe the right medication and dose. For me at least it's like an extra Dr. appointment. Yes she helps me sift through my feelings, keeps me on the path to recovery and acceptance but for me her main goal is to catch things, advocate for me and keep me out of the hospital. (only have been there 2x)

Things about minimal medication: You do not deserve to go through symptoms you don't have to. You may (and they may) not know how truly your symptoms are effecting you. My H goes to my appointments with me it's amazing what I don't realize, or he doesn't realize and how different a picture we paint for my dr. and what we don't pick up on that the Dr. does.

I'll give you an example (PC friends will smile.) :
Up until 6 years ago I was venamly against taking an antipsychotic. Yes I had crisis but nothing I (we) couldn't handle between appointments. I went on a trip no one IRL knew I was paranoid. I didn't even recognize it as such. Someone here reminded me to take my sleeping medication (at the time a low dose AP) every night instead of as needed. when I got home I told my Dr. I was taking it every night (Just that some stuff happened and I was taking it every night. nothing in detail) So she put me on something until I could see my new pdoc. Well intake got out of me that I was actually paranode and ruined the trip because of it. I didn't even know. Then they went through my history and we found other times when I was like that. So my Pdoc upped the med. All of a sudden my "migraine" that I've had since a child went away and my inter voice went away. My point is I didn't know so I didn't report it.. Does your Dr know you've had no relief? Our rule is If it's been six weeks on the same medication and I'm still not back to feeling 100% I'm suppose to call. You may want to call.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote