View Single Post
spiritual_emergency
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default May 07, 2008 at 01:01 PM

<blockquote>
A reader of my blogs shared the following resource with me: askapatient.com. The askapatient website rates prescription drugs on a 1 - 5 scale. It also allows consumers (not doctors or pharmaceutical companies) to share their personal experiences with prescription drugs including side effects, whether or not they felt the drug was personally helpful and if they would recommend the drug to others.

For example, entering the trade name "Prozac" in the search engine brought up 489 patient reviews and an overall rating of 3.4.

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Key to ratings for prozac: (ratings are sorted by date; click column heading to change display order)
5-Very Satisfied: this medicine cured me or helped me a great deal.
4-Satisfied: this medicine helped.
3-Somewhat Satisfied: this medicine helped somewhat.
2-Not Satisfied: this medicine did not work to my satisfaction.
1-Dissatisfied: I would not recommend taking this medicine.

Individual consumer reports are listed below the overall rating.

Source: askapatient: Prozac

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

The askapatient site will be useful for those who are currently taking prescription drugs or considering taking them. Although everyone will respond somewhat different, the askapatient site can help consumers determine if a drug will be helpful for them and identify troublesome side effects.

In addition to consumer ratings, the website also offers a wealth of information in regard to drug information, patient rights and legal assistance and reports such as this one which lists all antipsychotic medications and links directly to their ratings.

Overall, a terrific resource. The home link is here: askapatient.com

~ Kindness is cheap. It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.
spiritual_emergency is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote