View Single Post
Rapunzel
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2003
132 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 05, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I am leading a chat about DBT at 10:30 a.m. on Thursdays (now). It isn't on the chat schedule, but I will be there if anyone wants to talk about DBT therapy or skills. If you have any experience with DBT, I would welcome your input, and if you want to learn about it, come on in.

Please note that this is a chat intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended to take the place of any therapeutic intervention. I am hoping to learn a lot too.

That said, I am a counselor intern, and I am running DBT groups IRL. I am learning as I go, as I have mostly read the books from Marsha Linehan and I'm trying to figure it out for myself. I am working on how to get more specific training and network with other, more experienced, DBT therapists. I'm also aware that I need DBT Skills myself, and I see this group as a peer group discussion, where I will be just one of the group and I would appreciate support and feedback too.

I would be happy to have any comments, suggestions, requests, etc. from any of you. Feel free to reply to this thread, PM me, come to the chat, etc. If you want to study more about DBT on your own, http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/ is a terrific source. I have found examples there beyond what is in the skills manual, and variations on diary cards that I like better than the one in the skills manual (if you want to use a diary card, go pick one out and print it). My vision for this chat is something like the self-help groups that the author of dbtselfhelp.com talks about. I wish that there were such a live support group available where I live. I would join it.

Anyway, see 'ya in chat!

Rap

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, cantstopcrying, phoenix7, SICKlySweet