View Single Post
sky dancer
Account Suspended

Member Since Mar 2009
Default Mar 05, 2009 at 11:55 PM

that discussing spirituality is restricted at this forum. I want to say that for me, it makes using this site as a resource limited.

Some of what hurt me as a child is related to my experiences growing up as a Catholic. Now that I am Buddhist, and going through healing from PTSD, these past issues from Catholicism affect my ability to use my Buddhist resources and community temporarily.

I just wanted to mention this because I had a post edited for content when I put in a wishing prayer that is quite expansive for the well being of all others.

That I mentioned the source as a prayer by Shantideva, and said by HH the Dalai Lama daily seemed to be problematic for the forum.

I also find prayers by St Francis of Assisi and Hindu prayers and all other manner of spiritual resources--especially when shared by someone who has faith in them inspiring.

I'm just sharing this. Take it for what it's worth. It's just a comment about what I see as a potential missed opportunity. Anyone who has survived a religious cult will have spirtual trauma too. It's just another area--out of traditional psychotherapy perhaps--but increasingly important in mind-body-spirit and psyche holistic healing.

I work with a psychologist who does EMDR and he is open to using the images that arise from my faith traditon as a source of healing.

Thanks for hearing me out. I'm sorry but I cannot post in this forum any longer. I am on a path to wholeness and that includes the truth of my being, and what gives me strength.

As long as people can say God and Holy Spirit I don't know why I can say the word Buddha or credit the author of a prayer. None of this was intended as proselytizing.

sky

Last edited by sky dancer; Mar 06, 2009 at 12:17 AM..

Hugs from:
Lutenash

Thanks for this!
AllonsY, Capp, LaborIntensive, Malady156, Rapunzel, SICKlySweet, spiritual_emergency