View Single Post
Locust

Locust has no updates.

15 yr Member
Default Mar 06, 2009 at 03:25 AM

Sky_dancer,

I respect your beliefs. I don't think discussing spirituality is so much restricted as discussing religious things. Of course, some people consider Buddhism a spiritual path, but others see it as a religion. But I do see your point, that to simply credit the author of a piece, seems to be nothing more than good manners.

I understand that religion and spirituality can be important to MI for multiple reasons. 1. Sometimes, they cause pain, 2. Sometimes they help healing, and 3. Sometimes certain mental illnesses revolve around religion a lot, such as delusions, paranoia, and OCD. In fact, I don't know how it is possible to avoid it when discussing the third. But anywho....

Sadly, not everyone is so open to accepting others and their beliefs. I think religion is seen as something that can divide people, and that is prob. why it is restricted. But at the same time, a person's preference in mates is also something that divides people. Many things divide and start fights. I don't know if this one is any worse. I understand the reasons they think it needs to be restricted somewhat, but perhaps it is restricted more than some of us would like. I hope you will stay here, though. You can post about your beliefs in All Faiths. Also, to some degree in the Spirituality forum.

"....I've been treated so long as if I'm becoming untouchable. I'm a slow dying flower, in the frost killing hour, the sweet turning sour & untouchable....(portion omitted)....Do you remember the way that you touched me before, all the trembling sweetness I loved and adored? Your face saving promises whispered like prayers- I don't need them."- My Skin by Natalie Merchant.

“The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.”- Vincent Van Gogh

""Don't talk of worlds that never were. The end is all that's ever true."- Burn by the Cure

"In the end only kindness matters."- Hands by Jewel

Dragons-please click so they hatch and live!

Thanks for this!
cantstopcrying, LaborIntensive, Rapunzel, SICKlySweet, spiritual_emergency, white_iris