Elder

Member Since Nov 2008
542 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2009 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubp64 View Post
I'm new and would really like to meet someone to help me get through my issues with with substance abuse and depression...mean cobination...
welcome to pc and this forum!!! i'm so glad you found us. i think you will find this is a very caring community of ppl.
can you elaborate on your issues with drugs and alcohol? it may help us to better help you. i will tell you that i used alcohol to self medicate the depression i had before i was diagnosed. it came back to bite me in my butt. at first it "helped" but that's more what i thought rather than what was. alcohol being the greatest depressant around. so it was feeding into my depression, not helping it.
hope to hear from you and so glad you're here and are seeking solutions to your d/a problems.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.
The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours..~Ayn Rand
madisgram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote