Elder

Member Since Nov 2008
542 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2009 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieAnne View Post
I just joined and I am trying to stop taking pills for courage. my family is worried about me. I don't know if I am "addicted" but I know that it helps me to feel like I fit in.
hi BA and welcome!! here's rule of thumb that i've passed on before: if you use a substance to create a feeling or use it to numb/or get rid of a feeling you may have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol. if you're using drugs to have 'courage" it sounds like you're at the right place. if using drugs helps you to feel you "fit in" you're probably in the right place....at this forum. hope this helps and i hope to see you here again. we only have to do this for 24 hours at a time...sometimes we have to do it for for 5 minutes at a time....but those minutes add up.
if your family is worried about you then there's probably a good reason. they love you and want you to have the very best life you can have. from my own experiences i can tell you that having a substance abuse issue denies you your very life. today i have a good life and that was done by putting down the drink some years ago. hope you stick around and dont' hesitate to ask questions. we are all here to support each other.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.
The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours..~Ayn Rand
madisgram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote